Are you passionate about web strategy, writing, social media, and content marketing? Are you interested in expanding your skills? Do you want to work in an environment where you can make a difference, see results, and enjoy the people you work with while getting to change up what you work on regularly? Do you want to collaborate with a team of digital marketing professionals? For this Content Marketing Strategist position, we are looking for someone to join our digital marketing team and help our clients with their social media strategy, blogging, web content, social advertising and someone who wants to learn the ins and out of Google Analytics, Content SEO, Google Adwords and even more of the digital strategy realm.
Ideally, you have been working with tools such as Facebook, Instagram, Hootsuite, Sprout, and some advertising and for social channels. You definitely like to write, are a “web junkie”, familiar with and want to grow in all aspects of digital and web strategy while not be stuck in a bunch of red tape on an internal company team.
We do work to diversify skill sets of our team, so you will also find yourself helping with all aspects of digital strategy as you are part of our team.
We are looking for a person with a minimum of 2+ years of professional experience with content marketing, blogging, social media development, web content management, and basic understanding of Search Engine Optimization and social advertising and search advertising.
If you want to take the next steps in your digital marketing career, and you are a self-starting, agile, out-of-the-box thinker who will push our clients and our team to be better with digital strategy.
Content Marketing Strategist – Job Functions
- Strategize with internal team and clients for content, ideas, promotions, website changes, calls-to-action, content offers, updates, and improvements for our clients
- Help develop a comprehensive online and content strategyfor website, social channels, etc, with the goal of optimizing conversions and measurement for tracking through all digital channels (website, social channels, email marketing, SEO, etc )
- Landing Page: Help create, analyze and optimize landing pages and conversion funnels utilizing industry best practices based on content, calls to action etc.
- Help define and report on KPIs and return-on-investment (ROI) in easy-to-digest nuggets for presentation to clients stakeholders
- Help manage all digital datapoints, producing and distributing client reports
- Cross over to helping manage Search Marketing / PPC / Adwords campaigns will be needed
- Project manage multiple online initiatives and online marketing campaigns of significant scope and complexity
- Conduct extensive and ongoing online metrics, monitor online campaign performance, and competitor sites
- Contribute to our own internal site user experience, content and blogging
Experience and Skills
- A B.A. or equivalent in marketing, advertising, or related business field
- Proficient in Social media content channels, blogging, some Google Analytics, Writing, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- 2+ years of social media strategy experience with performing content development, website content writing, measuring engagement, and helping to develop website & content/social marketing strategies
- We want someone who shows willingness to dig in and get things done. Hands-on; completes task and dependable. A self-driven, independent, quick learner
- Experience managing multiple projects, priorities, and relationships are a plus
- Able to project manage yourself and projects from concept to completion with no micromanagement
- Regular communication and documentation with clients and internal team is an integral part of the position
- Ability to multitask and ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects in a dynamic, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Have excellent communication skills – written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal
Our Content Marketing / Social Strategist is a full-time salary position. Benefits for full-time employees include Health and Dental, somewhat flexible work schedule. Compensation is commensurate with experience but is in the $40k-$45k range. No relocation offered. Please send resume and salary requirements to us via the form below.
- Location: Grand Rapids
- Classification: Full Time, Salaried
- Department: Marketing / Media
- Reports To: Leadership Team