Are you passionate about web strategy and interested in expanding your skills? Do you want to work in an environment where you can make a difference, see results, and enjoy the people you work with while getting to change up what you work on regularly? Do you want to collaborate with a TEAM of digital marketing professionals? For this Digital Marketing Strategist position, we are looking for someone to join our current digital marketing team of three others and help our clients with the ins and outs of Google Analytics, Search Marketing, Content SEO and this is someone who already knows they have a passion for digital marketing.
Ideally, you are already Adwords and Analytics certified, like to write, are a “web junkie”, familiar with SEO tools like Moz, Raven, or others and want to grow in all aspects of digital and web strategy while not be stuck in a bunch of red tape on an internal company team.
This team member will work with our web development team, on tracking implementation, content, user experience, site maps, wire frames, and overall website strategy while being in charge of implementing SEO tracking with Google Analytics for projects and monthly clients. We do work to diversify skill sets of our team, so you will also find yourself helping with all aspects of digital strategy as you are part of our team.
We are looking for a person with a minimum of 2 years of professional experience with these principles and understands the basics of Search Engine Optimization, Web Strategy measurement, Search Marketing/Adwords, Google Analytics, and overall content marketing strategy. Google Adwords and Analytics certifications would be a plus.
If you want to take the next steps in your digital marketing career, and you are a self-starting, agile, out-of-the-box thinker who will push our clients and our team to be better with digital strategy.
Digital Marketing Strategist – Job Functions
- Strategize with internal team and clients for content, ideas, promotions, website changes, calls-to-action, content offers, updates, and improvements for our clients
- Help develop a comprehensive online and content strategy with the goal of optimizing conversion path for key online channels with a focus on SEO but also tracking through all digital channels (website, email marketing, SEO, paid searches, social media,etc )
- Landing Page: Help create, analyze and optimize landing pages and conversion funnels utilizing industry best practices
- SEO and SEM/PPC: improve website content optimized for SEO, paid search campaigns and website analytics. Refine and present monthly performance reporting to client
- Own, manage, and utilize Google Analytics, understanding it as it relates to web metrics and site analysis. Report on KPIs and return-on-investment (ROI) in easy-to-digest nuggets for presentation to clients stakeholders
- Help manage all digital datapoints, producing and distributing client reports
- Project manage multiple online initiatives and online marketing campaigns of significant scope and complexity
- Conduct extensive and ongoing online metrics, monitor online campaign performance, and competitor sites
- Contribute to our own internal site user experience, SEO, content and blogging
Experience and Skills
- A B.A. or equivalent in marketing, advertising, or related business field
- Proficient in Google Analytics, SEO tools, Webmaster Tools, Google AdWords, Writing, Google Shopping, Bing Ads, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- 1-2+ years of digital strategy experience with performaning SEO, managing adwords/SEM, writing content, tracking analytics and performance, website content & content/social marketing strategies
- We want someone who shows willingness to dig in and get things done. Hands-on; completes task and dependable. A self-driven, independent, quick learner
- Experience managing multiple projects, priorities, and relationships are a plus
- Able to project manage yourself and projects from concept to completion with no micromanagement
- Very familiar with marketing initiatives and activities that impact acquisition, conversion, and retention
- Regular communication and documentation with clients and internal team is an integral part of the position
- Ability to multitask and ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects in a dynamic, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Have excellent communication skills – written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal
Our Digital Marketing Strategist a full-time salary position. Benefits for full-time employees include Health and Dental, somewhat flexible work schedule. Compensation is commensurate with experience but is in the $38k-$43k to start + possible incentives. No relocation offered. Please send resume and salary requirements to us via the form below.
- Location: Grand Rapids
- Classification: Full Time, Salaried
- Department: Marketing / SEO
- Reports To: Chief Marketing Strategist